Blog No.98: Advert development 2

FONT
Here I have experimented with different fonts on adobe InDesign, to create the right look for the advert. I felt the font maduoETRA was very modern, yet with the added textured lines it creates a 70's funk look with an individual twist- exactly what we wanted to convey about the band. Additionally, I made the font a bold hot pink, to illustrate vibrancy, boldness and 'non conformity'. This colour also links to our music video, with the same colour used as a background for the silhouette.
COLOUR
The colour scheme I've chosen are mainly yellow, orange and pink. I knew I wanted to use yellow as a background colour, based on how striking it is to an audience, as well as the upbeat connotations it brings. I may add texture to this later, in order to bring a sophisticated and more realistic edge to the advert. Moreover, I researched what colours would blend well with yellow, being such a creative colour, I needed the colours to be compatible whilst maintaining the message of non conformity.


Above are examples of visual representation for yellow compatibility.
I found that yellow has two main matches, of warm and cool tones. The cool tones sway towards purples and blues (shown in the image above),and the warm tones gravitate towards oranges and pinks. The undertones of warm, such as happiness,dynamism and energy, were fitting to the rest of our project(e.g bright colours/boldness). Therefore I chose them over the cooler tones, conveying peacefulness and calmness.
Comments
Post a Comment